Terms and conditions
The aim of the contest is to have a look at Europe’s 2011theme Volunteering through the creative
insight and interpretation of professional and amateur cartoon artists from all over the world.
"If our hopes of building a better and safer world are to become more than wishful thinking, we will
need the engagement of volunteers more than ever," Kofi Annan said. It is in this spirit that 100
million Europeans dedicate their time and expertise to help those in need and give back to their
communities: A retired art teacher gives lectures on European masterpieces to foreign visitors at a
museum. A high school student reads to sick children at a hospital. A former national football player
coaches at a neighbourhood club. There are thousands of ways people make a difference. To highlight
these efforts and encourage more citizens to join in, the European Commission kicked off the 2011
European Year of Volunteering.
Terms for participation:
1. The contest is open for professional and amateur cartoon artists over 18 years;
2. Each participant could send up to 3 works /originals/ in A4 or A3 format;
3. Cartoons could be either color or black and white;
4. Deadline for receiving works 29.04.2011 on the following address:
European Information Centre Europe Direct Ruse
4 Svoboda sq., p.b. 209
7000 Ruse - Bulgaria
For Cartoon contest
5. Participants should send a short ? as well as name and family name, titles of the works, postal address, e-mail address and telephone.
6. Jury: Rudy Gheysens – director of European Cartoon Center Kruishoutem, Belgium; Paul De Ruyck - European Cartoon Center Kruishoutem, Belgium Dominique Termote - European Cartoon Center Kruishoutem, Belgium Ivaylo Tsvetkov – chairperson of FECO for Bulgaria, cartoon artist for newspaper
Monitor, newspaper Telegraph and magazine Tema. Valentin Georgiev, cartoon artist, illustrator, artist; Elena Velikova, director Ruse Art Gallery; Irina Jordanova, expert in EIC Europe Direct Ruse.
1.prize of the contest – plaque and diploma;
2 special prizes and diplomas ;
All awarded and selected works will be part of exhibition in Ruse Art Gallery and EIC Europe
Direct. Cartoons will not be returned. All cartoons will be included in collection of Europe
Direct and will be included in travelling exhibition among Europe Direct Centers in Bulgaria.
8. Postal costs for sending works are covered by participants. There is no fee for participation;
9. Selected and awarded authors will receive electronic catalogue - CD with exhibition.
10. Participation in this contest is considered as author’s agreement with present terms.
11. We wish success to all participants!
Opening of exhibition:
3th June 2011, 17.30 EET.
use Art Gallery, Ruse, 39 Borisova str.
or all questions referring organization and terms of the contest you can write to: firstname.lastname@example.org to the Europe Direct Ruse or to email@example.com Valentin Georgiev.
Organizers: European Information Centre Europe Direct Ruse
7000 Ruse, 4 Svoboda sq. Ruse Art Gallery 7000 Ruse, 39 Borisova