Merhaba Karikatürcü Dostlar,Bugün ve Saat KARcomics Sitemize Hoşgeldiniz
Cartoon Contests-Karikatur Yarismalari- Cartoon competition
2nd International "Sport Drawing" Competition / Spain 31 january 2013
The Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya (Catalan Union of Sports Federations) announces its 2nd International Sports Drawing Competition which is open to all artists over
18 and whose theme is sport in general.
The competition will be biennial, and is intended to bring sport closer to the work of artists in order to extend and promote drawing as a singular expression of sport.
The Union also announces its 4th Sports Graphic Humour Competition which is open to all works published in the print media or on the Internet and all unpublished works prior to the deadline established in the competition rules.
You will find all the requirements for works, the prizes, the jury and the other features of the competition in the attached rules document which is binding to all participants.
1. goaLs and methods
The Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya, with the collaboration of the Fundació Catalana per a l’Esport, announces the 2nd International Sports Drawing Competition and the 4th Sports Graphic Humour Competition inspired by
sports in general.
All artists over 18 years old can participate in these competitions.
3. sports drawing
• The original drawings will be in black and white, pencil, charcoal, Indian ink, pen and normal ink. Collages and coloration will not be accepted.
• Each author may submit up to two works; only one drawing will be accepted for each picture or frame.
• The size of the drawings will be between 30 and 80 cm unframed and if framed with a ribbon of 2 cm, max. The drawings can be protected with methacrylate.
• On the back of each work, the participant will attach the data sheet enclosed herein.
• The works will be delivered during the month of January 2013 at the headquarters of the unió de federacions esportives de catalunya, Rambla Catalunya, 81, Barcelona; from 10 to 13 and from 16 to 18 pm, Monday through Thursday
• The original drawings must not have received awards in previous competitions.
There will be a single indivisible prize of €3,000 (three thousand Euros), and two honourable mentions with a prize of €1,000 (one thousand Euros) each, to be awarded by a majority vote. The jury may declare void the awards.
The works awarded will remain at the Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya.
4. sports graphic humour
• Sports graphic humour awards are announced with the aim of spreading and promoting the joke or comic strip as an outstanding expression of sports humorous drawing.
• The jokes or sports strips must be unpublished or advertised by any means of publication for the period January to december 2012.
• a maximum of two works per participant will be allowed.
• the works for the prizes of sports graphic humour must be submitted: www.ufec.cat/concurs (1mb minimum)
they may also be sent to the headquarters of the unió de federacions esportives de catalunya, before 31 January 2013.
• There will be a prize of €1,500 (one thousand five hundred
Euros) and two honourable mentions with a prize of €1,000 (one thousand Euros) each.
The jury of admission and granting of awards is chaired by the president of the Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya and composed of one representative of the Unió de
Federacions Esportives de Catalunya, a patron of the Fundació
Privada Catalana per l’Esport, a representative of the Fundació
Privada Vila Casas, the director of the Saló Internacional del
Còmic de Barcelona (International Comic Fair of Barcelona), a member of the Associació de Publicacions Periòdiques en Català (Association of Periodical Publications in Catalan)
(APPEC), a member of the FIACT, a member of the Associació Catalana de Premsa Comarcal (Catalan Association of Regional Press) (ACPC), an art critic, three renowned artists,
a sportsman, a member of SPORT newspaper, a member of Mundo Deportivo, a member 9 Esportiu. All appointed by the Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya.
A member of UFEC will act as secretary with voice but no vote.
The agreements and the jury’s verdict are not open to appeal.
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of these rules
6.The jury’s verdict and the selection of works to be exhibited
will be announced during the month of March 2013, in the public ceremony of awards delivery to be duly called.
• The location of the exhibits will be the hall of exhibitions
of the Museum Colet, and where appropriate, the venue decided accordingly.
7. returning of works
• The works not selected for the exhibition must be removed, upon return of the delivery receipt, before the expiry of three months from the date of the public ceremony or delivery of awards.
• The works selected for exhibition must be removed, upon return of the delivery receipt, before the expiry of three months after the date of completion of the public exhibition of the works.
• Once past these deadlines, works not removed are considered as an irrevocable gift to UFEC, which can use them as it deems appropriate, the authors having no right to claim them, as it is understood that they have renounced to their original works and have given them to UFEC.
8. sponsors and contributing organizations
This competition promoted by the Unió de Federacions
Esportives de Catalunya, has as the exclusive sponsor FIACT insurance and relies on the contribution of the following
• Associació Catalana de Premsa Comarcal (Catalan
Association of Regional Press)
• Associació de Publicacions Periòdiques en Català
(Association of Periodical Publications in Catalan)
• Consell Català de l’Esport (Catalan Sports Council)
• Fundació Catalana per a l’Esport (Catalan Foundation for Sport)
• Fundació privada Vila Casas (Vila Casas Private Foundation)
• Saló Internacional del Còmic (International Comic Fair
rules and application form