University Cartoon Competition on Environmental Protection /CHINA 30 October 2009
1. Theme 1: "Biodiversity"
Theme 2 : "The Earth needs you: unite against climate change"
Contributions relating to environment protection are also accepted.
The competition is open to all domestic and foreign university students.
Submissions accepted starting from June 5, 2009
Deadline for entries is October 30th, 2009
First Prize [1 person]: RMB5000 and certificate
Second Prize [2 persons]: RMB3000 and certificate
Third Prize [3 persons]: RMB1000 and certificate
Excellent Prize: [80 persons]: souvenir and certificate
Monthly Champion: souvenir (Monthly Champions are chosen by number of link hits and through monthly votes throughout the competition.)
China Daily, United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), World Wildlife Foundation (WWF), EU-China Biodiversity Programme, China Environment Protection Foundation, and China Newscartoon Society, Newscartoon.com.cn
1) There is no limitation of numbers of participant's submission.
2) Paper submission should not be smaller than 210mm*297mm. Please mark the title, participant's name, college name, address and other contact information at the back.
3) If you submit your contribution via email, please follow the resolutions:
- 300 dpi (file size no bigger than 2MB)
- JPG - RGB - longest side of the file should be under 1000 pixels
4) Criteria for paper submissions: title of the work, participant's name, and the name of the college or university he or she attends are required, author's pen name is optional.
Caption of email contribution should be at TXT format and include the title of the work, name, institute participant attends, address, and telephone number.
7. Submission Format
1) Register on the competition webpage, fill in your real information and upload your submission.
2) Email your submissions to: email@example.com
3) Mail submissions to the address found below. Please write "Cartoon Contest" on the envelope.
8. Online Entry Form
All participants need to register for the competition by completing an entry form. Fill out the form as accurately and truthfully as possible. Photocopies are
acceptable. Click to download
10. Contact Us
Address: New Cartoon, 6/F, B3 Tower, Ziguang Building, No.11 Huixin Dongjie, Chaoyang District,Beijing 100029, P.R. China
Tel: 86-10-8488 3656/8488 3652 Ms. Bao or Mr. Zheng
10. Additional Key Points
1) No fees needed for the competition
2) Winning contributions will be displayed on News Cartoon
3) Monthly champions are selected according to the number of votes and views the submission receives.
4) Online votes and professional jury's suggestion both have impact on the results
5) The result will be publicized on News Cartoon, as well as other newspapers or websites.
11. The Jury
1) The jury is made up of famous cartoonists, university professors and experts of environment-protection.
2) The winner will be announced on December 1, 2009.
1) The organizers reserve the right to refuse entries they consider morally, politically or religiously offensive, as well as work that is considered in contravention of the acknowledged moral standards.
2) If a contribution has any intellectual property rights or copyright dispute, the organizer holds the right to revoke the participants eligibility to participate in the competition. Participants are solely liable for any consequence that may arise from submitting work to the competition. The participant must be the owner of all rights on the work submitted and it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that his or her contributions to the competition do not generate any copyright or other intellectual property rights dispute.
3) News Cartoon reserves the right to use the contributions for presentation and media use.
4) Organizers and participants share the copyrights of the contributions: the organizers of the event have the right to display and distribute the works of the contestants.
5) By submitting a contribution to the competition, the participant is agreeing to accept all of the